PHOTO WORKSHOPS CHECKLIST
Here’s a list of recommended equipment for San Diego workshop.
You don’t need everything on the list … use as a general guide: ** means required
- Back up camera body
- Wide-angle zoom lens
- Tele zoom lens (24mm to 70mm and or 70mm to 200mm)
- All Purpose Zoom like 18mm to 200mm
- Polarizing filter
- Neutral Density filter
- Accessory Flash
- Plenty of memory cards**
- Extra batteries (we recommend a minimum of 2 batteries**)
- battery charger for camera battery**
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Laptop (Allows you to be involved in the classroom post processing sessions)
- Laptop charger
- Accessory Hard Drive
- Power strip
- Card reader and cables**
- Camera bag with waterproof cover**
- Photo vest or jacket (optional)
- Flashlight (small hand held or head mounted)**
Lightroom latest version, 30 day free trial available at www.adobe.com
Download the following plug-in onto your laptop before the workshop Optional, but useful:
- Topaz Plug-ins Free trials can be downloaded
- On one perfect photo suite 30 day trial
- Macphun Free trials of MAC software
Also recommended (but not required):
To have the most fun and to get the most out of the workshop:
- Please be familiar with all your camera settings. If you have not been shooting lately, take some time to practice before the workshop.
- You should know how to shoot in Manual Exposure mode.
- If you have a PC laptop, please know where to find pictures and plug-ins. It’s a good idea to test this out before the workshop. Note: We are MAC users. We often, but not always, have PC folks on the workshops who can help you. Please understand that the workshop is a photography workshop, not computer workshop.